Friday 27 May 2016

Icelandic Radio Amateurs

I was pleased to be able to meet with the guys of Íslenskir radíóamatörar last evening, who have a neat clubhouse next to the Domestic Airport in Reykjavik.


They allowed me to gave a presentation about some of my activities in homebrewing and operating beacons...


in the comfortable surroundings of what was once a Shell Oil facility...


I wasn't the only overseas visitor - there were some DF hams on their way back from Dayton and Dave, ei9fbb and Col, MM0NDX were on Iceland for an IOTA activation...


Dave gave a great presentation about the S79C DXpedition to Coëtivy Island in the Seychelles after my talk...


Col was on the team for the S79C trip with Dave.

After my talk, we sold the few copies of my book that remained after the North American sector of the trip (and the two 'sample' copies).

Thanks to all members of the IRA, their visitors (especially Dave and Col) and, particularly, to Jon Th. Jonsson, TF3JA, for arranging my visit.

...-.- de m0xpd


No comments:

Post a Comment